[Logo] Codebox Software Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upload/Download not displayed  XML
Forum Index » BitMeter II
rob

Some users have reported that BitMeter 2 does not display upload or download data (or both).

This is caused by poorly written network drivers and is especially common with USB network adapters. Unfortunately this isn't something that I can fix in BitMeter very easily. Some users have found that the problem is resolved by updating to the latest version of their network drivers, but unfortunately it remains a problem for many.

Technical details of the issue are as follows:
BitMeter get its upload/download rates from the iphlpapi.dll library, using the GetIfTable/GetIfEntry functions, and the values contained in the MIB_IFROW data structure. Some network drivers have not implented these function correctly, and either the dwInOctets (download) or dwOutOctets (upload) members are always set to 0, causing Bitmeter to report 0 upload or download rates.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/12/2013 17:07:36

Anonymous User

I am having a similar problem. I am running XP. I can only get a readout if I select the loopback in the adapters tab. Not showing any traffic.
Anonymous User

I'm having this also but BitMeter II always worked for my current setup with USB Wifi Card in Windows 7, then one day just stopped.

It oddly displays my traffic if I connect to my OpenVPN but not normally.

Forum Index » BitMeter II
Go to: